You have your software and you are ready to get creative with your layouts. You know you want that layered, rotated look for your background papers but you aren't sure how to do it. You may be wondering if you can even do it. The answer is yes you can!
Check out this quick and easy tutorial to see how you can create this look in your My Memories Suite software. If you don't have the software yet but you are ready to purchase please note there is a $10 off coupon on the top right hand of this page. You will also receive a $10 coupon to the store!! Happy scrapbooking!
- Start with a blank page. Add your background.
(Add a background via the background tab in the tool menu)
- Click the "Add" button in your shapes tab (see #1 in photo)
- Choose the square shape (see 2)
- Click "Apply" button TWICE (see 3)
- Click "Close" Button
Now it is time to center your squares.
Click on your first box, while holding the shift key click on your second box. Now both will be chosen.
Click on the alignment button found on the top tool panel. (see photo on left if you do not know where it is.)
From the drop down menu choose "Center Vertically on Page". Go to menu again and choose "Center Horizontally on Page".
Now it will look like the photo on the left. No worries, both papers are still there!
- Click on your top paper. In the shapes tab you will see a rotate scale. In the box above it put in 5. (You can play with it to get the tilt you want).
- Click on your middle paper and put -2 in the box (or slide it around until you are happy with the tilt). Remember that for one paper you will want to put - before your number to tilt it the opposite direction of your first paper.
- Shadow your papers (click shadow box, default is fine or play until you like your shadows. Check out the tutorial on shadows if you have time!)